The rise of Cannabidiol or CBD is remarkable, and there’s no stopping it. The Cannabis plant contains over a hundred chemical compounds, and one of them is the Cannabidiol, which can remedy many common ailments. It’s different from Tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the compound that gets people high when they consume Marijuana. The Cannabidiol gets isolated and is non-psychoactive when used to produce various products like vegan CBD infused gummies, CBD lotion, and others.
So, what’s with the recent hype about Cannabidiol? Well, it’s all about the potential of the chemical compound to treat medical conditions, and if you’re curious and would like to know more about them, this post is for you. Discover the health benefits of taking CBD below.
How Does Cannabidiol Affect Your Body?
The body of humans has an endocannabinoid system, and it’s where the CBD acts upon to work wonders in your health. Outside stressors get controlled by the system to maintain balance in the body, and Cannabidiol can help by boosting it. It becomes possible since CBD is a type of cannabinoid that can mimic the endocannabinoids in your body to act as a supplement to the natural supply.
Cannabidiol can interact with the different parts of the body since Cannabinoids have receptors in the immune, nervous, reproductive, and digestive systems, among others. Thus, it makes sense that many people consider the chemical compound as a cure-all medical treatment. Metabolism, mitochondrial function, inflammation, and neurotransmitter function are only some of the processes that CBD can regulate.
Health Benefits Of Taking CBD
The medical benefits of CBD have become a hot topic in recent years, with more and more studies getting conducted to uncover further information about the chemical compound’s healing potential. Below are what experts have learned so far.
1. Anti-Inflammatory Properties And Pain Relief – Common body pains that people experience include muscle aches and stiffness, and what most of them do to combat the discomfort is to take over-the-counter drugs. While there’s nothing wrong with using such medications, what if there’s a more natural alternative? The alternative comes in the form of the CBD. Cannabidiol can help in reducing chronic inflammation and the pain that it causes to a person. Such a healing potential by CBD became very evident in some lower forms of animals like mice and rats after a series of experiments. And since it’s non-psychoactive, unlike THC, patients won’t have to worry about getting addicted to it.
2. It Reduces Anxiety And Depression – If there are conditions that can cause devastating effects on the well-being of a person, they are mental health disorders like anxiety and depression.
Anxiety disorders rank sixth in the list of significant contributors to disability around the world, and depression is on the top.
While pharmaceutical drugs can treat anxiety and depression, they usually come with side effects, including sexual dysfunction, insomnia, headache, drowsiness, and agitation based on this study. Substance abuse is also another risk since benzodiazepines, and other medications can become addictive according to this research.
The natural approach to healing both anxiety and depression led to the meteoric rise in popularity of CBD among patients who want to move away from the use of pharmaceutical drugs. Not only adults can benefit from the chemical compound but also children who have post-traumatic disorder and experience insomnia and anxiety.
Several studies have pointed out the antidepressant-like effects of Cannabidiol, which explains its ability to treat depression and other mental health disorders. What CBD does is bind to the serotonin receptors in the brain to help in regulating mood and social behavior.
3. Fights Epilepsy – In 2018, a drug derived from CBD known as Epediolex got the approval of the Food And Drug Administration so that people could use it to treat epilepsy. The two types of epileptic attacks that Epidiolex can fight are the Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome and the Dravet Syndrome.
Children aging from three to five years old are the ones who commonly experience LGS or the Lennox-Gastaut Syndrome, and different kinds of seizures characterize it. The DS or Dravet Syndrome, on the other hand, involves fever-related seizures, and infants commonly experience it during the first year of their lives, as a genetic condition. The problem with these epileptic attacks is that they’re hard to control using medications other than Cannabidiol.
4. Improves Gut Health – Decreased spasmodic activity, and intestinal permeability are some of the common gut problems that people experience. They usually appear because of conditions like irritable bowel movement syndrome, which results in leaky tight junctions in the gut. You can take CBD to solve these problems and improve your gut health. Vegans will also find Cannabidiol useful, especially with the rise of vegan CBD gummies in the market.
5. Alleviates Symptoms Related To Cancer – Pain, vomiting, nausea, and other side effects of cancer treatment can become more bearable when you take CBD. It’s also true for cancer symptoms. A study discovered how Cannabidiol provided relief to the cancer-related pain that several patients experienced after taking pharmaceutical drugs as medication to no avail.
Since cancer patients also frequently undergo chemotherapy, CBD can help by reducing side effects such as vomiting and nausea.
The truth is people have grown tired of the infectiveness of some drugs in the market, and it’s the main reason why they have started to find alternatives. Luckily for them, the healing potential of CBD got discovered.
6. Heals Neurological Disorders – The ability of CBD to treat epilepsy already got discussed above. It’s worthy to note that epileptic attacks are neurological disorders, and it makes sense why Cannabidiol has the potential to heal psychiatric diseases, neuronal injury, and neurodegeneration too.
Some experts even pushed the idea that CBD can be an effective and safe treatment for those who have schizophrenia. Certain antipsychotic drugs and the chemical compound Cannabidiol can produce similar effects to the body. Further research is going to take place soon to give more details about the similarity between CBD and standard medications for psychosis.
7. Solves Acne Problems – As you probably already know, acne results from inflammation in the sebaceous glands and since CBD has anti-inflammatory effects, the chemical compound can also solve your acne problems. What Cannabidiol does is lower the sebum production in your body. And since sebum overproduction is what causes the growth of acne in your skin, CBD can be of great help if you want to become acne-free.
A lot of people have struggled to find a sure cure for acne and CBD could be that solution they’ve been looking for a long time already.
Despite all the benefits mentioned and discussed above, many people still question the safety of taking CBD. Well, according to the WHO or the World Health Organization, everyone can use CBD products safely. However, there’s nothing wrong with consulting your doctor before starting Cannabidiol consumption. In fact, it’s the best move you can make.
- Silent Retreat: the Best Meditation Retreats in the World - May 7, 2021
- 6 Tips to Unwind on Your Day Off - May 6, 2021
- How To Take The Perfect Hiking Photos: Tips From The Pros - May 5, 2021